Sunday, October 6, 2013

PLN Post #1 - PLN Progress Report

                                                         The Personal Learning Network

Professionals of every kind have a Professional Learning Network. Whether they be Writers, Musicians, Engineers, Actors, or of any profession, most professionals have a Personal Learning Network. Teachers are no different.

Modern technology allows professionals to be connected and share ideas in ways like never before. Blogging, Social Media, and Web/Podcasting, among others, allow for people to develop a learning network like never was possible in the past. In the past, a Professional's learning network might be limited to colleagues, professors, and peers; but with the advantages the internet provides professionals can connect with each other all over the world via social media and blogging.

Twitter Logo
My Personal Learning Network mostly includes Twitter, the Department of History, and various websites that allow for Historical study. I follow most of the College of Education professors on Twitter including Dr. Vitoulli and Dr. Strange. I have found that following Professors and people associated with the College of Education provides me with many links to interesting articles, as well as keeps me up to date with College of Education dates and events. In addition, there are many retweets among staff members about other University related events that I find very informative and useful.

Personal Learning Network                    The Department of History has allowed me to develop an amazing Personal Learning Network among staff and peers. I've learned an immense amount of knowledge from my professors and the History Department staff has been of amazing help in finding materials for research, primary sources, ect. In addition, JSTOR on the Library website provides an amazing academic resource for research.

You can follow me on Twitter @lwilkinson_edu


No comments:

Post a Comment